Tuesday 17 November 2009

This is me.... :-)















I flew a power kite for the first time about a year ago and have been hooked ever since! Although I have only been up and riding since mid July Kitesurfing has already become a massive part of my life.

Over the summer I attended some of the events of the British championships, not competing but kiting as much as I could and making friends along the way. This has really pushed me to be at a high enough level to compete next summer.


I then went to Egypt where I Kitesurfed solidly for a month. I am now back in Plymouth where I kite when at all possible, along with wakeboarding and surfing. I have also just taken on the role of running the Plymouth University Wakeboard club.















I feel my greatest achievement is that I am one of the only female UK riders that rides in boots (wakeboard style bindings on a kite board) on a regular basis and with a view to competing in boots in next seasons British championships.




Aims and Goals
I am currently working on raleys. My next goal is to have tried a slider by the end of this year and hopefully perfected raleys in both boots and straps!

I am in the process of collecting footage and putting together a film so I also hope to have this by the end of this year!

I have easy access to a video camera so should be able to post tons of videos keeping you guys up to date with every new trick I am learning or crashing! :-s




My dreads :-)
I got my dreads done in April 2009. Before this I was constantly changing my hair in the attempt to find a style I was happy with and that was low in maintenance. Now I have discovered dreads I never want to get rid of them.







I hardly had to wax them at all because I was in and out of the sea so much that the salt water helped hold them together and keep them neat.After 6 months of having them I went back to get them tidied up, and was told that they looked as though they were a year and a half old. I use dread head dread butta to condition them and dread-licious citrus spray.

They are perfect for any waterbabies out there!


I have so many people ask me about my dreads when I have just got off the water or when I'm out and about. I think down at the beach is a great place to promote dreads and dread head! I aim to get as many Kitesurfers and Wakeboarders into dreads as possible!


I hope you will all enjoy watching my progress!

Here are a load of pics :-)









































xxx

Dreadlocks Sponsorship & instructions for growing dreadlocks at DreadHeadHQ.com

3 comments:

  1. Well done gem gem- can't wait till I learn, jealous! Love you x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post! Now I want to go to Egypt! =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed this post a great deal!
    I've never kite-surfed, but I'd love to try. Reading about it was fascinating but your photo inclusions were a wonderful enhancement to the content. I'm convinced I'd have a blast with this sport.
    Also, thanks for the info on the dreads -- yours look fantastic.
    I was the same way when I put in my own. For the first time I felt like my hair was more a part of me and gave me a look I feel very comfortable with, without having to do a bunch of maintenance and upkeep while living an active lifestyle that's not always conducive to a good hair day.
    With dreads, every day is likely to be a good hair day. :)

    ReplyDelete